What you’ll do
You’ll be a critical member of a small development team working on clients’ websites and associated software. This isn’t an average position where you might be restricted to one small piece of the company’s technology, but one where you’ll have influence over our whole software program, from requirements collection to design to production.
Who you are
You want to work on challenging problems with smart people. You’re someone who could get positions at most software companies, but you’re looking for the perfect role that has great leadership, a roster of top talent, game-changing product vision, and a work hard/play hard company culture.
The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Utilize and integrate SEO best practices
- Create and modify MySQL databases
- Integrate with our backend services to make sure we are delivering a great website experience that’s super-fast for end users
- Help improve code quality through performing unit tests and code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and have the chance to contribute innovative and original ideas to our technology, algorithms and product
- Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results within a schedule
You also meet most (if not all) of the following requirements:
- 2-5 years of recent hands-on coding and software design
- Bachelors degree in a related field or an equivalent amount of professional experience
- A great attention to detail to assure consistency and excellence within complex software systems
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO best practices
- A track record of projects completed on time – you’re a flawless executor and know how to build great software
- Evidence of being self-motivated and driven – you find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve hard problems
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
- Knowledge of cPanel, Apache, WAMP, MAMP, LAMP or other hosting technologies preferred
- Excellent team and client-facing communication skills
- Willingness to help out wherever needed.
- A strong desire to learn new skills and have fun doing it!
We can’t wait to hear from you! We’re always looking for brilliant and talented individuals to join our growing team. Become part of our vision to provide leading-edge, top-quality digital marketing and web design services to local businesses and government clients—all while refining your computer and digital marketing skills and growing as an individual. Please email us a copy of your current resume, portfolio samples/links, and a cover letter to email@example.com to be considered for our team.