To be our amazing System Administrator:
- Be a cPanel ninja and a systems host whiz!
- Have a good sense of humor
- Have a desire to work with a bunch of technology superstars, building and operating stellar websites and software
- Find yourself daydreaming about monitoring, uptime and scalability
- Catch yourself using acronyms like SSL and FTP in everyday conversations
What You’ll Do
You will be a critical member of a small engineering team working to solve real customer pain points in systems administration of website hosting. This isn’t your normal position where you may be relegated to one small piece of the company’s technology, or a project that doesn’t matter. Instead, you will be instrumental and have the chance to work in many areas of our system.
This job involves the following responsibilities:
- Create and maintain reliable, consistent and repeatable processes for hosting of our clients’ websites
- Work closely with development to deploy new software and improve existing hosting configurations
- Be an excellent problem solver, and willing to roll up your sleeves to tackle any issue thrown your way
- Respond reliably to on-call issues as needed
You also meet most (if not all) of the following requirements:
- Expertise installing and administering some sort of mainstream hosting systems (cPanel preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
- Ability to be on-call as needed
- Shell scripting experience
- 1-2 years in a system administration or related role
- Associate’s degree or higher in a related field
- Excellent team and client-facing communication skills
- Willingness to help out wherever needed
- A strong desire to learn new skills and have fun doing it!
We can’t wait to hear from you! We’re always looking for brilliant and talented individuals to join our growing team. Become part of our vision to provide leading-edge, top-quality digital marketing and web design services to local businesses and government clients—all while refining your computer and digital marketing skills and growing as an individual. Please email us a copy of your current resume, portfolio samples/links, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for our team.